Tuesday, October 18, 2011

13 things not to say to your bridesmaids

The Smurf is getting married next year! In 10.5 months, to be exact. So over the past year or so (since the engagement), I have been slightly obsessed with everything wedding-related.

I came across this article on The Knot, written by Hallie Goodman, that I thought I'd share for my fellow brides-to-be...

13 Things Not to Say to Your Bridesmaids

The worst things real brides say and how to keep them from coming out of your mouth


  1. I'm thinking weekend in Vegas for my bachelorette!

  2. My wedding, my wedding, my wedding. How are y-- wait, that reminds me of another thing... about my wedding.

  3. Surprise! I just picked out your (crazy-expensive) bridesmaid dress. Now all you have to do is pay for it.

  4. Make sure you don't look too good. I don't want you upstaging me.

  5. Let's all get tans/Botox/personal trainers before the wedding.

  6. Can you have your hair and makeup professionally done on my big day, and (cough) foot the bill?

  7. I need you to cover up your tattoo for the wedding, Mkay?

  8. Here's my wedding guest list of 100+; please invite them all to the shower you throw me.

  9. Next six Saturdays: wedding factory at my place. Mandatory attendance. BT-dubs.

  10. I know you're a double D, but I'm loving this sheer, backless bridesmaid dress.

  11. Only married couples can bring dates to the reception. My apologies to your boyfriend.

  12. I'm really disappointed in how (insert maid's name here) has been performing.

  13. It's MY day!

For the full article, go here. You'll have to register to get all the deets, but it's free and then you can benefit from everything The Knot offers!









No comments:

Post a Comment